A Baldwin-Westinghouse electric box locomotive. The former Companhia Paulista received 10 C+C units of this kind between 1921 and 1927. A similar locomotive can also be seen at the Companhia Paulista page. They had a marvellous sharp melodious whistle, which will not be heard anymore: they were scrapped in 1991. This photo was taken by Cid José Beraldo, from São Paulo SP, at the Campinas station, in May 29, 1982. A copy was kindly sent by him to the E.F. Brasil site.
Return to FEPASA/C.P.E.F. Main Page.
© Antonio Augusto Gorni