A diesel-electric locomotive supplied to Companhia Mogiana, built by L.E.W. - Lokomotivbau Eletrotechische Werke, in East Germany. This is an example of the DE III series, the most powerful of them: 17 locomotives of this type, with 1400 HP and diesel motor with 12 cylinders with "V" alignement, were supplied to that railroad between 1967 and 1968. Their motor is French, built by SACM. They were nicknamed as Alemãzinhas (Little Germans). Similar locomotives, but less powerful, were also delivered to another São Paulo state railroads: a wide gauge version to Companhia Paulista and a metric gauge version to E.F. Sorocabana. The photo was probably shot at the Campinas station during the late sixties; this copy is courtesy of Rudi Heinisch and Dietmar Stresow, from Munich, Germany.
Return to C.M.E.F. Main Page.
© Antonio Augusto Gorni