In 1953 R.V.P.S.C. purchased five AS-616 diesel-electric locomotives. However, they showed to be not adequate for use in its rather sinuous lines. They were then swapped by some switching Cooper-Bessemer diesel-electric locomotives of E.F. Sorocabana, where they were very useful up to the mid seventies. This photo is from the Ricardo Pinto da Rocha collection, from São Paulo SP.
Return to R.V.P.S.C. Main Page.
© Antonio Augusto Gorni