The PARSONS VALE Line

Parsons Vale
Dexter Parsons called the region north of Squam Lake, southeast of the White Mountains, and west of Tamworth Parsons Vale.

The town of Parsons Vale is located on the northeast shore of Squam Cove on Squam Lake. It was chartered in 1845, and grew to about 1300 people in 1912. By 1960, it had a population of 411 people.

Termite
The Termite sawmill was about a mile north of the town of Parsons Vale. It operated from approximately 1816 to spring of 1934, when the current owners (the Lincoln, Wonalancet, and Conway Interurban Railway) ran out of convenient timber.

[home] [sitemap]
© Copyright 1998 david parsons
@(#) glossary.html 2004/04/22