An ALCO diesel-electric locomotive RS1 (Road Switcher), # 3112, at the São Diogo station, probably during the fifties. The E.F. Central do Brasil was the first railroad outside the U.S.A. to purchase such locomotive, that were delivered in 1945 and 1946, just after the restriction of the War Production Board had been lift. These 1,000 HP machines had a maximum speed of 96 km/h. This copy is courtesy of Ricardo Frontera, from Bauru SP.
Return to E.F.C.B. Main Page.
© Antonio Augusto Gorni