During May and July 1958 the Companhia Paulista de Estradas de Ferro received ten ALCO RSD-8 locomotives for its meter gauge network. In 1965, after the takeover of the Companhia Paulista by the São Paulo state government, this network was progressively supressed. The surplus material was then transfered to another São Paulo state meter gauge railroads. So the Companhia Mogiana received these locomotives in 1969 and 1970. After the formation of FEPASA these locomotives were scheduled to run in the Santos- Juquiá line of the former E.F. Sorocabana. This ALCO RSD-8 locomotive, here seen with the second FEPASA livery, still is used for general service in the Baixada Santista lines of FEPASA/FERROBAN. Photo taken by Eduardo Coelho at the São Vicente station, in 1988. The original photo and additional information can be seen at the FEPASA Page of the ALCO World.
Return to FEPASA/C.P.E.F. Main Page.
© Antonio Augusto Gorni