Commuter trains like this one, seen at the Paranapiacaba station, were delivered to the former Estrada de Ferro Santos a Jundiaí during 1976-1977. They were manufactured at Mafersa, a Brazilian licensee of The Budd Company. Note the rather spartan design of this unit, with straight edges and headlights inside the car shell; compare it with the 1957 vintage of such trains... This photo was shot by Alex Elias Ibrahim, from São Paulo SP, in 1999. He kindly sent one copy to the E.F. Brasil site.
Return to C.P.T.M. Main Page.
© Antonio Augusto Gorni