A Machinenfabrik Augsburg Nueremberg A.G. - M.A.N. carbon steel rail car used at the Curitiba-Paranaguá branch of the R.V.P.S.C. before the introduction of the Budd stainless steel RDCs. This car, built in Germany in 1938, was propelled by a 150 HP motor using fuel oil and had a capacity of 38 passengers. This very rare photo, kindly sent by Maurício Torres, from Miami U.S.A., probably was shot in the end of the 1950's. The gentleman in the photo is Mr. Waldemar Garcia, electrotechnician of the E.F. Santos a Jundiaí. A sister of this car (#24) is being preserved by the Paraná branch of A.B.P.F..
Return to R.V.P.S.C. Main Page.
© Antonio Augusto Gorni