In the mid-1930s the Guarujá municipal government decided to improve the operation of the Tramway and decided to build a new station and maintenance works at the Pitangueiras beach. This new station, inaugurated in December 21, 1935, was about 200 meters from the seaside, near a small creek. This 1950s postcard reproduction shows a bird's view of the station; probably the photographer was in the hill next this station. This copy is courtesy of Wanderley Duck, from São Paulo SP.
Return to Companhia Guarujá Page.
© Antonio Augusto Gorni