A commuter train in the E.F. Central do Brasil lines at Rio de Janeiro, RJ. This unit has its original configuration, that is, 4 doors by side and a motor car between two unpowered ones. This train belongs to a set of 50 units of three cars supplied to Central do Brasil in 1954, that were built in England by Metro-Cammel (the steel box) and Metropolitan-Vickers (electrical equipment). Original photo extracted from a catalogue published in June 1960 by the Associated Electrical Industries Limited. It was kindly sent by Cid José Beraldo, from São Paulo SP, to the E.F. Brasil, an electronic list for discussion about the Brazilian railroads.
Return to E.F.C.B. Main Page.
© Antonio Augusto Gorni