|The PARSONS VALE Line
In 1931, the PV&T completed their mainline electrification by purchasing 34 more class B locomotives. Mechanically, these locomotives were identical to the class B1 engines, but had more powerful traction motors, producing 3400hp.
From 1962 through 1964, all of class B2 was rebuilt in the Portland shops as part of the general upgrade of the class B engines. At this time they were reshod with AAR type B trucks, once again making them mechanically identical to the class B1 and class B3 locomotives.
All 34 class B2 engines remain in service.