|The PARSONS VALE Line
After a wreck in 1944, the Parsons Vale purchased 4 more class B engines. And then after the war finished and the SVT could be changed to 3000VDC, another pair were purchased to replace the scrapped class 283s. These bodies and frames of these locomotives were built by the PV&T, while the electrical components were purchased from General Electric and the AAR type B trucks were purchased from the American Locomotive Company.
As built, these engines produced 3600 HP, but the engines that were not leased to the CMStP&P were upped to 4400hp in the massive class B rebuilding of 1961-1964