The builder's plate for locomotives remanufactured at the Bangor & Aroostook's Milo shops

BAR’s Derby shops, in Milo, Maine, has been the railroad’s backshop since it was built in 1905. After the PV&T merger, it became the base of operations for all of the EMD power on the system, as well as the (constructed 1995 on the stub of the long-abandoned branch to Greenville) longterm storage yard for idled locomotives.

In 2025, after most EMD power was abolished on Parsons Vale properties, Derby shops started remanufacturing recently retired EMD power into modern locomotives before putting them onto the used locomotive market.

  • Copyright © 2024 by Jessica L. Parsons ( unless otherwise noted
    Sat Feb 18 00:43:34 PST 2023