The PARSONS VALE Line

When the LW&C was purchased in 1936, the PV&T got a collection of operable and junk interurban cars and locomotives. The interurban cars were sold and scrapped immediately, but most of the locomotives stayed on the roster until the LW&C was converted from 600VDC to 3000VDC. 278 and 279 were kept in Lincoln to Parsons Vale service until the voltage changeover in June 1937, and were then sold to equipment brokers.


[home] [sitemap]
© Copyright 1998 david parsons
@(#) class278.html 2004/04/22