The Chemin de fer terminal de Montréal (formerly the Montreal Terminal Railway, but many of the staff supported Quebéc separatism and insisted that the railroad name should be in la langue française, which the Parsons Vale Trust had absolutely no problem with) was a joint property of the PV&T & LT&L – and is now a separate railroad subsidiary of the trust – operating freight lines in Quebéc and Ontario and (through subsidiary ILW) selling their home-designed diesel locomotives to railways in North America.
For the first century of its existance, it was a nondescript terminal railroad giving the PV&T and LT&L access to Montréal and the surrounding suburbs, but it gained fame near the end of the 1950s by continuing to operate steam until it was forceably dieselised by the PV&T after the 1962 merger, then by obsessively sticking with Alco power (including ¾’s of the existing Alco DL-109 multipurpose locomotives) for many decades after Alco & MLW went out of business.
Note: TdM North is the TdM lines northwest of the Saint Lawrence; South is, obviously, not that.
|1||e44||B-B steeplecab||1913||retired 1920, sold to the (Montréal) Harbour Commission 1933|
|2-3||e44||B-B steeplecab||1913||retired 1920, sold to Quebec Railway Light and Power 1932|
|4||e44||B-B steeplecab||1913||retired 1920, sold to brokers 1935|
|101-110||344||2-8-2||1938||renumbered to 354-359 … and then retired 1962|
|111-117||344||2-8-2||1938||retired 1946, replaced by d44b’s 1101-1106|
|1001-1002||d44||Baldwin VO-660||1944||sold to PH&W 1955|
|1011-1013||d44a||Alco RS-1||1941||traded to LT&L 1950 in exchange for 2-8-2s 111-117|
|1101-1102||d44b||Alco RS-2||1946||retired 1966|
|1103||d44b||Alco RS-2||1946||to RS-2m #371 1966|
|1104||d44b||Alco RS-2||1946||to RS-251A #375 1966|
|1105-1106||d44b||Alco RS-2||1946||retired 1966|
|201||192||2-10-0||1946||from PV&T 196, retired 1955|
|202||192||2-10-0||1946||from PV&T 199, retired 1958|
|203||192||2-10-0||1946||from PV&T 200, retired 1962|
|20(second)||Ω||4-6-0+0-6-4||1958||stored 1962, to historical fleet 1998|