The Southern Vermont Traction Company was an interurban railroad that operated a line from Arlington, VT to a junction with the PV&T, B&M, and CV at Brattleboro, VT. At Bennington, it also had a branch that ran from Arlington, VT south to a connection with the B&M & PV&T at Pownal, VT. Like many other New England interurbans, it made a serious effort to move freight, and by the time it was taken over by the PV&T in 1940, freight was keeping it profitable over the losses of the passenger business.
The PV&T took it over just as the United States was being pulled into the second world war, so it kept operating as a 600VDC operation until 1946, when the remaining trackage was finally reelectrified at 3000 vdc.
|1-4||passenger||Cincinnati Car||1902||Retired 1938|
|5-6||passenger||Cincinnati Car||1904||Retired 1946|
|20-21||express motor||Brill||1904||Retired 1931|
|70||boxcab||St Louis Car||1907||to PV&T 286-288; retired 1940|
|71-75||boxcab||St Louis Car||1907||to PV&T 284-285; retired 1946|
|73-75||boxcab||St Louis Car||1907||to PV&T 286-288; retired 1940|
|80-81||steeplecab||Baldwin-Westinghouse||1920||To CR&IC 1940|
|276||steeplecab||Alco-GE||1931||Assigned to SLR 1946 (after the PV&T’s Mount Cube incline was abandoned), retired 2007|
|207||boxcab||Alco-GE||1912||Assigned to SLR 2007, to Musée Ferroviaire Canadien 2012|
|240||steeplecab||Baldwin-Westinghouse||1930||Assigned to SLR 2012-2013|