PARSONS VALE

The South Loren Railroad is a terminal railroad that operates switching trackage in Boston, from the vicinity of South Station to Quincy. It was formed in 1891 as a joint venture between the Boston and Maine, the New York, New Haven and Hartford, and the Parsons Vale and Termite. It was electrified at 600VDC in 1906, and the PV&T bought out the other owners and merged the railroad in 1950. The corporate shell of the SLR still exists, and some rolling stock is still owned by the company.

All-time SLR Roster

No. Type Builder Built Disposition
1-4 steeplecab ALCO/GE 1906 All in service, still owned by SLR
5-6 express motor PV&T shops 1906 Retired 1939
7-8 steeplecab Baldwin 1908 7 wrecked 1941, 8 sold to enthusiast 1950
9 4+4 (shay) Lima 1922 Scrapped 1950