- New London Northern Railroad chartered.
- NLN builds line from New London, CT to Hartford, continuing
north via Springfield, MA to Greenfield, MA
- Parsons Vale and Termite Railroad chartered.
- First train, Termite to Portland.
- built Termite to Parsons Vale (1 mile); Portland to East Rochester.
- built Parsons Vale to Plymouth; East Rochester to Rochester, Portsmouth.
- built Rochester to Concord.
- built Concord to Lowell.
- built Lowell to Haverhill, Boston.
- built Plymouth to Rumney.
- Work begins on line to Thetford and Strafford, VT.
- First train to Strafford, VT.
- First train to Chelsea, VT.
- Work begins on Manchester to Brattleboro line.
- Termite and Sandwich sawmills sold to pay for Brattleboro branch.
- Montreal and Vermont Railroad chartered; builds line from
Montpelier to St Albans, VT.
- First train to Brattleboro.
- PV&T issues stock to merge with NLN.
- Brattleboro connected to Greenfield, MA.
- M&V bankrupt, purchased by PV&T, renamed the Montreal and
Parsons Vale Railroad
- building from Portland to Augusta.
- First train, Portland to Augusta.
- branch built from Thetford to Woodsville.
- M&PV starts building into Canada, but gets tangled in legal
battles with Canadian Northern, other roads.
- 5% Stock swap with CdFQ&TR.
- M&PV merges with Montreal and Southern Railway,
selling all US trackage to the PV&T in exchange for stock.
- building starts from Brattleboro to Schenectady, Troy, and
- First train, Brattleboro to Albany.
- PV&T, Boston and Maine, and New York, New Haven and
Hartford form the South Loren Railroad in Boston.
- Joint PV&T – NYNH&H passenger trains from New York City
to Portland start running.
- Electrification at 2400VDC, Parsons Vale to Montréal.
- World War 1; USRA administration.
- Electrification changed to 3000VDC, extended to Portland.
- Electrification, Portland to Augusta, Boston, and Haverhill.
- Parsons Vale Line starts being painted on rolling stock
instead of Parsons Vale and Termite
- Great Depression.
- Lincoln, Wonalancet & Conway Interurban Railway
purchased, reorganized as the Lincoln, Wonalancet and Conway
- LW&C converted to 3000VDC.
- Albany-Hudson Fast Line abandoned.
- Last revenue steam (class 192 194).
- SVT converted to 3000VDC.
- Last New York to Portland passenger train.
- Parsons Vale Rapid Transit converts to 3000VDC.
- SLR purchased.
- Blue and white paint scheme introduced.
- Merger with LT&L.
- Last Boston to Montréal passenger train.
- Bangor, ME to Lynville, PQ abandoned.
- All interurban passenger service in the United States
withdrawn except for Portland to Montréal.
- Parsons Vale Rapid Transit leased for 999 years.